[MPlayer-DOCS] r19751 - in trunk/DOCS: man/en/mplayer.1 xml/en/cd-dvd.xml xml/en/faq.xml

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Tue Sep 12 10:46:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

mail at kraymer.de a écrit :
>> Author: gpoirier
>>

>> +DVDnav is so far mutually exclusive with mpdvdkit2, so make you you
>> pass +<option>--disable-mpdvdkit</option> to configure script.
>>

> Hm, is this the status of pre8? I've been using --enable-dvdnav which
> disabled mpdvdkit by itself.
When I tested this, I was using an old snapshot of MPlayer, at home,
where I don't have internet access (so I don't update my copy too often).

> Also I just noticed that even plain configure
> selects dvdnav over mpdvdkit but I'm sure this is a recent change because
> some time ago I was forced to --enable-dvdnav in order to get it.
Confirmed. The behavior regarding how to build MPlayer has changed a bit
in the past month, so it's not surprising.

> Anyway, if --enable-dvdnav will disable mpdvdkit for pre8 too, I suggest
> to mention that option rather than doing it the other way around (by
> disabling mpdvdkit); it seems more logical (to me).
I'd need to test this on a fresh checkout.
DVDnav support is still a moving target, Nico should probably say what
the doc should read here.