[MPlayer-DOCS] r19751 - in trunk/DOCS: man/en/mplayer.1 xml/en/cd-dvd.xml xml/en/faq.xml

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 22:40:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/10/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 9/8/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Supplementary and/or in addition to Diego's comments:

> >> I'd prefer "This is normal" or the like; it would also be a good
> >> idea to split the sentence there, either with a semicolon or a
> >> period (or, in this instance, perhaps even an emdash).
> >
> > I don't see how I can split this sentence further more. It's just one
> > line of less than 80 chars. That doesn't seem too much, is it?
>
> The line length isn't the issue. The problem is that "It's normal" and
> the rest of the sentence are separate clauses, and should be separated
> in some way; a comma is not sufficient. As I said, a semicolon or a
> period or perhaps an emdash would suffice.

I must admit this really doesn't feel natural to me to write what you
suggest. I don't think I may ever come up with correct English if I
need to follow these rules...
I guess that's why I didn't chose a career in humanities ;)

With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!
Vive la France!