[MPlayer-DOCS] r19751 - in trunk/DOCS: man/en/mplayer.1 xml/en/cd-dvd.xml xml/en/faq.xml

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Sep 10 22:12:20 CEST 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/8/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Supplementary and/or in addition to Diego's comments:
>>
>> gpoirier wrote:

>>> +<answer><para>
>>> +It's normal, you've ripped off and sold an intentionally defective disk.
>>
>> I'd prefer "This is normal" or the like; it would also be a good
>> idea to split the sentence there, either with a semicolon or a
>> period (or, in this instance, perhaps even an emdash).
>
> I don't see how I can split this sentence further more. It's just one
> line of less than 80 chars. That doesn't seem too much, is it?

The line length isn't the issue. The problem is that "It's normal" and
the rest of the sentence are separate clauses, and should be separated
in some way; a comma is not sufficient. As I said, a semicolon or a
period or perhaps an emdash would suffice.

Thanks for committing the rest.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.