[MPlayer-DOCS] Hello, i want to update and maintain MPlayer zh_CN DOCS

Emfox Zhou emfoxzhou at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:30:25 CEST 2005

ok, so i could just start to translate and post the result here?

and two questions:
1. i find the old manpage is in the legacy GBK  format, should i
convert it to UTF-8?
2. in fact, there's two kind of chinese, simplified (zh_CN) and
traditional (zh_TW), i think it's better to have divided manpages.

2005/10/11, Torinthiel <torinthiel at megapolis.pl>:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:31:31PM +0800, Emfox Zhou wrote:
> >
> > what should i do? is knowledge about gettext and xml enough? and
> > should i request to have  the CVS access?
>
> You can learn by doing ;)
> MPlayer's translations come in three parts. That is the manpage (GROFF
> format), the xml docs (xml docbook) and the help strings (C format).
> Gettext is not used, although it's supported if someone has the .mo
> files. I've done some work to automate their creation, but it's not
> finished yet.
>
> Anyway, if you take the original and don't touch what looks suspicious
> (like .something or \sth in GROFF) you'll be probably fine.
>
> Also some information is in DOCS/tech/translations.txt and
> DOCS/xml/README*
> Torinthiel
>
> --
>  Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
>    torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl
>    gpg: 0906A2CE fpr: EE3E DFB4 C4D6 E22E 8999  D714 7CEB CDDC 0906 A2CE
>  "No classmates may be used during this examination"

GnuPG Public Key: 0xF7142EC2