[MPlayer-DOCS] Bulgarian translation of the docs.

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Jan 8 18:40:26 CET 2005

Hi,

Le samedi 08 janvier 2005 à 11:18 -0800, plazmus at gmail.com a écrit :
> On Saturday 08 January 2005 06:32, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> My first decision was to translate the man page after the messages file, but
> when I saw the mplayer.1 file I changed my mind. It seems very uncomfortable
> for editing. What do experienced people use for editing man pages?

I use emacs or xemacs. That's what Diego uses AFAIK, and he gave me
several tips that can ease a job such as the man translation.
I guess you should google for "Xemacs reference card" for a start.
That'll teach you how to use split-screen (great to edit both the
English and the Bulgarian version of a same file on a single screen)
That'll also teach you how to search/replace a string.

One thing I found particularly powerfully with emacs is the ability to
spell-check a work while editing (that's META+$) and the ability to
change dictionary on the fly (META+x ispell-change-dictionary).
... and of course, emacs provides a syntax highlighting mode for groff
file such as man pages.

But like always, the best software is the one you know best! ;-)

Regards,