[MPlayer-DOCS] Bulgarian translation of the docs.

plazmus at gmail.com plazmus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 20:18:34 CET 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 06:32, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Use your own judgement.  Common practise so far is to send complete
> files and patches afterwards to keep them updated.  Then you can go
> one by one adding the new files.  If we see that you are committed to
> finishing the translation and keep it updated, you will quickly get
> CVS write access.

OK, I'll send you an archive with the translated files later or tomorrow, but
first I'll check again for spelling errors.

> BTW, you should consider translating the man page first, but if you
> already started with the XML you may not consider it worth the
> trouble.

My first decision was to translate the man page after the messages file, but
when I saw the mplayer.1 file I changed my mind. It seems very uncomfortable
for editing. What do experienced people use for editing man pages?

> Also, try getting one or a few others to help you with the
> translation.  Experience shows that translations work best when done
> as a team.

I agree. Not that I'm frightened of the size of the docs, but I know that more
people have more points of view, which means more correct representation of
the original variant, and higher quality of the result.
I talked to some people, but they agreed only in theory. When I ask them to do
some work, they appear to be busy (it's not surprising :-) ). I will post in
the translations section of the linux-bg forum, and I'm sure there are enough
people who would help.