[MPlayer-DOCS] Bulgarian translation of the docs.

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sun Jan 9 09:55:20 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 06:40:26PM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> I use emacs or xemacs. That's what Diego uses AFAIK, and he gave me
> several tips that can ease a job such as the man translation.
> I guess you should google for "Xemacs reference card" for a start.
> That'll teach you how to use split-screen (great to edit both the
> English and the Bulgarian version of a same file on a single screen)
> That'll also teach you how to search/replace a string.

I use vim or gvim. Not only for manpage editing, for every editing ;)

> One thing I found particularly powerfully with emacs is the ability to
> spell-check a work while editing (that's META+$) and the ability to
> change dictionary on the fly (META+x ispell-change-dictionary).
> ... and of course, emacs provides a syntax highlighting mode for groff
> file such as man pages.

Vim check syntax on the fly, without need to press any META+$ (what's
META anyway?) And of course provides syntax highlighting as well.
BTW Does emacs mark somehow when there is \ at end of line (common
mistake '\' instead of '\ ' as last characters?
Note, I Don't want to start another episode of 'emacs vs vim religiuos
warfare'.

> But like always, the best software is the one you know best! ;-)

And that's the point. If you use vim or emacs you can ask for some help
here, maybe for some other editors as well, I don't know. And if you
want to use any editor that actually understands groff (like any
WYSIWYG-like thing, or something) make sure it only understands, not
think how is should be done. IOW doesn't touch anything it's not told
to.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl