[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1074,1.1075

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Aug 24 08:35:59 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 00:06, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> BTW: I took the liberty to commit that patch as it was related to
> mencoder, and that it was good enough for me. I hope it's okay.

BTW, the full text from x264 below. It's probably not worth expanding
the already gigantic man page with a description that most likely only
people hacking on x264 would benefit from / comprehend, and then
they'd get the description from x264/common/visualize.c...

/*
 * Some explanation of the symbols used:
 * Red/pink: intra block
 * Blue: inter block
 * Green: skip block
 * Yellow: B-block (not visualized properly yet)
 *
 * Motion vectors have black dot at their target (ie. at the MB center),
 * instead of arrowhead. The black dot is enclosed in filled diamond with radius
 * depending on reference frame number (one frame back = zero width, normal case).
 *
 * The intra blocks have generally lines drawn perpendicular
 * to the prediction direction, so for example, if there is a pink block
 * with horizontal line at the top of it, it is interpolated by assuming
 * luma to be vertically constant.
 * DC predicted blocks have both horizontal and vertical lines,
 * pink blocks with a diagonal line are predicted using the planar function.
 */