[MPlayer-DOCS] complete documentation

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Sep 10 12:12:04 CEST 2004

Hi,

Le lun 06/09/2004 à 15:55, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> We should finish the documentation.  Of course it is never finished,
> but we are getting very close to having every option documented.

It's been 4 days since you wrote that mail, and nobody showed up to
provide help... Bummer.

> * audio output drivers
>   FIXME: Document suboptions for sdl, arts, esd, jack, nas, macosx, sgi, sun,
>   dxr2, mpegpes, null, pcm, plugin.
>
> * video output drivers
>   FIXME: Document suboptions for x11, xover, dga, sdl, vidix, xvidix, fbdev,
>   fbdev2, vesa, null, aa, bl, ggi, mga, xmga, syncfb, 3dfx, tdfx_vid,
>   tdfxfb, dxr2, dxr3, mpegpes, zr, zr2, yuv4mpeg, gif89a, jpeg, pgm, png, tga.

I can't take care of all of those, but I'd like to know what I'd have to
do if I wanted to document at least one.
Should I just look at the corresponding file at main/libao2?
Say, ao_pcm.c? (Just like xvid option that I took care of, were at
main/libmpcodec/ve_xvid.c)

... I had a look at ao_pcm.c with no luck to find any suboptions. (as
a sidenote, may I to point out that it has some printf(), and I kinda
understood that the final goal was to get rid of those as they won't
be translated, and use mp_msg instead)

Ok, and once I'd find a suboption, how am I supposed to know what it
means/does? ... hope the code is explicit enough.

> * XviD encoding options
>   There's still a few undocumented options, some are marked FIXME.

This is now done.

Regards,