[MPlayer-DOCS] complete documentation

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 12:36:37 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> ... I had a look at ao_pcm.c with no luck to find any suboptions. (as
>  a sidenote, may I to point out that it has some printf(), and I
> kinda understood that the final goal was to get rid of those as they
> won't be translated, and use mp_msg instead)

Yes, I'm allegedly working through the source tree to remove them. The
work would be going faster, but (as per request) I'm simultaneously
moving any translatable strings I encounter into the translation files,
meaning that I need to wait until one pair of patches (source file and
translation file) have been applied before I make the next one. So far
I've made and sent in patches for mencoder.c and mplayer.c; I'd have
submitted more by now, but the help_mp-en.h patch from the latter of
those is still in the pipeline.

The only thing I could do to speed up the work, aside from nag people
about pending patches, would be to resume simply changing printf to
mp_msg and leave moving the strings to another time - but we've
considered that before, and I think rejected it.

side of it.