[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/de mplayer.1,1.65,1.66

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Oct 31 10:01:53 CET 2004

hi,

Sebastian Krämer wrote ( On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 01:36:07AM +0200 ):
> On Sunday 31 October 2004 00:37, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > Sorry, but why not `jedes Frame'? Are there any ppl using `jeden Frame'?
> > Or did you get it from a rule or sth?
>
> Hm, I really don't know if there is a solid rule for setting articles for
> non-german nouns. As far as I am concerned, it is adjusted to the 'direct'
> translation for the appropriate word in german.
> Speaking about a frame, it might mostly be represented by a meaning 'Bild' or
> 'Einzelbild'. Anyhow, if I told my pal a story about frames, I'd say "der
> Frame blahblah.." Could be that this isn't absolutely consistent but should
> fit to most of german-speaking users' feeling. At least, I hope so.. Sorry if
> this doesn't match your feeling but I guess, that several occurences would
> have to be changed if I changed the article 'der' to 'das' for every frame..
>
> If you want to get deeper into it or discuss further, I suggest to joing the
> german transaltion team which *g (currently) exists only in my room :-/
>
> Of course, suggestions are welcome everytime, not only by Diego. I'll stop
> translating for today and think about your question but at the moment I don't
> think that the  frame's article will be changed. Maybe you want to give
> reasons why 'das' would be better that 'der'..

it's easy i freshly updated and reworked the german help messages just before
you did it, read my name at the top of the file :)

just wanted to know what reasons you had about the `frame'-article in german,
but i don't care too much if sth comes to my mind i'll say it. but i don't
think i can help you much with the german translation but as diego speaks
german too it should be no problem for you to get the things right. But feel
free to mail me questions about how to translate different words/scentences
i might be able to help.

  Alex (beastd)