[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/de mplayer.1,1.65,1.66

Sebastian Krämer mplayer at skraemer.de
Sun Oct 31 01:36:07 CEST 2004

On Sunday 31 October 2004 00:37, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote ( On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 12:24:45AM +0200 ):
> > Sebastian Kraemer CVS writes:
> > > -.B pgm\ \ \ \
> > > -Gibt jeden Frame in eine PGM-Datei im aktuellen Verzeichnis aus.
> > > +.B pnm\ \ \ \
> > > +Gibt jeden Frame in eine PNM-Datei in das aktuelle Verzeichnis aus.
> >
> > I liked the previous wording better.
>
> Sorry, but why not `jedes Frame'? Are there any ppl using `jeden Frame'?
> Or did you get it from a rule or sth?

Hm, I really don't know if there is a solid rule for setting articles for
non-german nouns. As far as I am concerned, it is adjusted to the 'direct'
translation for the appropriate word in german.
Speaking about a frame, it might mostly be represented by a meaning 'Bild' or
'Einzelbild'. Anyhow, if I told my pal a story about frames, I'd say "der
Frame blahblah.." Could be that this isn't absolutely consistent but should
fit to most of german-speaking users' feeling. At least, I hope so.. Sorry if
this doesn't match your feeling but I guess, that several occurences would
have to be changed if I changed the article 'der' to 'das' for every frame..

If you want to get deeper into it or discuss further, I suggest to joing the
german transaltion team which *g (currently) exists only in my room :-/

Of course, suggestions are welcome everytime, not only by Diego. I'll stop
translating for today and think about your question but at the moment I don't
think that the  frame's article will be changed. Maybe you want to give
reasons why 'das' would be better that 'der'..

regards

Sebastian