[MPlayer-DOCS] Documentation of XviD options in french man page

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Aug 18 02:29:11 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > Would you be interested in maintaining the French translation of the manual
> > page and/or the whole documentation?
> Well, as I'd hate to disappoint you guys for not having much time to
> update the man page, I'd tend to say so. On the other hand, if my
> contribution are that much appreciated, why not?

I appreciate contributions to the docs very much.  Especially since I
would probably have neglected the XviD options until the end of time.

OK, if you want to help out, please read DOCS/tech/translations.txt
and start sending in patches.

> Plus it would allow me to have my name written next to yours! ;-)

Yes, you'll get your entry in the AUTHORS file :-)

> > Nicolas Le Gaillart has done this in
> > the past, but unfortunately he does not seem to have enough time nowadays.
> > A translation team like Polish and (to a lesser extent) Spanish would be
> > best.
> Yeah, I agree with that too... I'd try to recruit some people here and
> there. Do you know if the French man page is _really_ out of sync?

Yes, it is out of sync, the last real updates were in February.  I'm
CCing Nicolas since I don't know if he still reads this mailing list.
Nicolas, maybe you'll be more interested in picking up translation
again if you have some help.

> PS: I found a better desciption for the "Chroma Optimizer" for the
> english man page (already present in this updated french man page).
> Shall I send a patch for such a small change?

Yes, please.