[MPlayer-DOCS] Documentation of XviD options in french man page

Guillaume POIRIER gpoirier at irisa.fr
Tue Aug 17 16:49:39 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 04:01:06PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>>>I have a question though: am I suposed to add my name on top of the man
>>>page in case someone needs additionnal informations?
>
> For such a small contribution I would say no.  Only maintainers should be
> listed at the top of the manual page.
I agree...

> Would you be interested in maintaining the French translation of the manual
> page and/or the whole documentation?
Well, as I'd hate to disappoint you guys for not having much time to
update the man page, I'd tend to say so. On the other hand, if my
contribution are that much appreciated, why not? Plus it would allow me
to have my name written next to yours! ;-)

> Nicolas Le Gaillart has done this in
> the past, but unfortunately he does not seem to have enough time nowadays.
> A translation team like Polish and (to a lesser extent) Spanish would be
> best.
Yeah, I agree with that too... I'd try to recruit some people here and
there. Do you know if the French man page is _really_ out of sync?

Regards,
Guillaume

PS: I found a better desciption for the "Chroma Optimizer" for the
english man page (already present in this updated french man page).
Shall I send a patch for such a small change?