[MPlayer-dev-eng] compilation issue with recent ffmpeg

sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:44:24 EET 2018

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 01:24:50AM +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:

> A quick workaround would be to configure MPlayer first, then before
> running make insert this line
>
> #define HAVE_INET_ATON 1
>
> as e.g. the line before the last line into the generated config.h in
> MPlayer's toplevel source directory. After that you should be able to
> build MPlayer by invoking make as you normally do.

Did work. Thx a lot.

> It would have been helpful if you had mentioned which snapshot
> you were building from where etc. E.g. that no one wastes time
> trying to reproduce something with wrong sources/configuration
> or so...

My bad: I though the "today" time reference would be enough. And for the
configuration, I did presume this network header related issue was generic
enough to hit most configurations.

> BTW bug reports are better sent to the mplayer-users list, and/
> or reported on the bug tracker. It is likely you get more help
> on -users and if you create a bug it is easier to track.

I use noscript www browsers (links/lynx/netsurf/w3m...), I tend to avoid www
interface of bug trackers which are less and less friendly with the noscript
web. I'll try next time.

--
Sylvain