[MPlayer-dev-eng] compilation issue with recent ffmpeg

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 9 02:24:50 EET 2018

Hi Sylvain!

On 2018-01-08 14:07 +0000, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:

> While compiling  today mplayer snapshot with a today git ffmpeg, I get:

> libavformat/os_support.c:49:12: error: static declaration of 'inet_aton' follows non-static declaration
>  static int inet_aton(const char *str, struct in_addr *add)
>             ^~~~~~~~~
> In file included from libavformat/network.h:69:0,
>                  from libavformat/os_support.c:44:
> /include/arpa/inet.h:73:12: note: previous declaration of 'inet_aton' was here
>  extern int inet_aton (const char *__cp, struct in_addr *__inp) __THROW;
>             ^~~~~~~~~
> libavformat/os_support.c:49:12: warning: 'inet_aton' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
>  static int inet_aton(const char *str, struct in_addr *add)
>             ^~~~~~~~~
> make[1]: *** [ffbuild/common.mak:60: libavformat/os_support.o] Error 1
>
> I got this error compiling a standalone ffmpeg, but it was fixed very recently
> by ffmpeg devs.

Without having carefully analyzed the whole thing, I think it is a
bug in MPlayer's configure (regarding internal FFmpeg build), that
was there for probably quite some time.

AFAICT it got uncovered by the renaming of the ff_inet_aton function
in FFmpeg.

A quick workaround would be to configure MPlayer first, then before
running make insert this line

#define HAVE_INET_ATON 1

as e.g. the line before the last line into the generated config.h in
MPlayer's toplevel source directory. After that you should be able to
build MPlayer by invoking make as you normally do.

  Alexander

P.S.
It would have been helpful if you had mentioned which snapshot
you were building from where etc. E.g. that no one wastes time
trying to reproduce something with wrong sources/configuration
or so...

BTW bug reports are better sent to the mplayer-users list, and/
or reported on the bug tracker. It is likely you get more help
on -users and if you create a bug it is easier to track.