[MPlayer-dev-eng] compilation issue with recent ffmpeg

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 9 23:57:29 EET 2018

Hi Sylvain!

On 2018-01-09 13:44 +0000, sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 01:24:50AM +0100, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> >
> > A quick workaround would be to configure MPlayer first, then before
> > running make insert this line
> >
> > #define HAVE_INET_ATON 1
> >
> > as e.g. the line before the last line into the generated config.h in
> > MPlayer's toplevel source directory. After that you should be able to
> > build MPlayer by invoking make as you normally do.
>
> Did work. Thx a lot.

Should work without that quick fix after MPlayer r38016 .
So upcoming snapshots should also be fine again.

> > BTW bug reports are better sent to the mplayer-users list, and/
> > or reported on the bug tracker. It is likely you get more help
> > on -users and if you create a bug it is easier to track.
>
> I use noscript www browsers (links/lynx/netsurf/w3m...), I tend to avoid www
> interface of bug trackers which are less and less friendly with the noscript
> web. I'll try next time.

I would be interested to know if you had success with a browser like
that with our bug tracker. If it doesn't work, it would probably a good
idea to report it to us. Maybe something could be done about it, but I'm
not promising anything though... sorry.

  Alexander