[MPlayer-dev-eng] Flickering video when resizing

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Jan 20 17:12:07 CET 2013

Nicolas George wrote on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:19:54 +0100:

> setting a transparent background pixmap looks like an ugly hack.

And it seems to have issues when returning from fullscreen to normal size.

> - Use a window without background, and when playback is not running, handle
> expose event to manually fill with a color.

I tried this and this looks very promising, but I have to test further.
(Painting is a bit slow on my PC with Blue skin and fast resizing when
playback is not running. I probably can optimze information returned on
an expose event to speed up.)

Thanks for your help,

Ingo