[MPlayer-dev-eng] New redmine bugtracker - feedbacks ?

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 26 00:20:18 CEST 2013

Hi Nicolas,

  it is interesting you write this today where I just remembered myself
about this task again :)

On 2013-08-25 16:09 +0000, Nicolas Coiffier wrote:
> Almost a month ago, there was a thread about moving the actual mplayer
> bugtracker to a new location. (
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2013-July/071853.html)
>
> Since then, I've contact Moritz, and I've tried to migrate the actual
> bugtracker to a new one. I choose redmine (http://www.redmine.org/),
> because it was easier to install and configure than trac, but with the same
> kind of features.
>

> An old version (from the backup of August 7th) is available here, on my
> personnal server:
>
> http://redmine.ncoif.net
>
> I managed to import everything, and I did my best for the configuration.
> But during the import, I had to reset all the passwords, so you will have
> to click on the link "lost password" to create a new one. But the usernames
> are still the same.
>
> And since it's my personnal server, I don't have any ssl certificate, so I
> generated a self-signed one, which can create a warning in your browser.
>
> One last thing: it is possible to link bugs to the source code, usng SCM
> subversion, but I didn't had time to configure it yet, I plan to do it as
> soon as possible.

  Actually I planned on creating a new trac-env for MPlayer on the
server that hosts the MPlayer website. Trac is installed there already
and so creating a new environment for MPlayer is not a big deal. There
should be no problem with certificates either.

> So if you like it, and that it doesn't need too much load, then I can host
> the new bugtracker on my server.

  Not really sure how much load there is today regarding the bug tracker,
but I'd guss not so much.

> Any feedback is wellcome !!

  Thanks for working on this. Looks nice. So at least we have one thing
running when Moritz shuts down the services (sorry I can't remember the
deadline ATM). I would still say hosting on the project server would
be more desirable in the end. So let's wait for the opinion of other
developers about this.

Best Regards,
  Alexander