[MPlayer-dev-eng] Move Bugzilla to another server

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jul 29 21:11:55 CEST 2013

Hey,

Quite a long time ago I was involved in mplayer's development, and
since then I've been hosting mplayer's Bugzilla installation at
http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu (the domain name is an alias for
bugzilla.bunkus.org which is my domain). Unfortunately I'm not really
doing a good job of administering it -- keeping it up to date is only
done sporadically, and to be honest I don't want to do it anymore
(having way too many things to administer already).

I would therefore ask you guys to move the Bugzilla to a different
server of your chosing. I'm not switching the installation off over
night, don't worry, but I'd like to have this done within three
months' time.

I can provide you with a full MySQL database dump and a tarball of the
installation directory -- which is essentially all there is to a
Bugzilla installation. You already own and control the official domain
name, so you can simply point it to a different address once the
move's been completed (and I can set up a 301 redirect for the day or
two it may take DNS caches to get the news).

What I'd like you to do is come to some kind of conclusion where to
move the server to and then to coordinate the move with me. Depending
on how little downtime you're trying to achieve we can certainly agree
on a date and time on which I'll turn it off, dump the database,
create a tarball and provide you with a download location -- should be
done within a couple of minutes.

Maybe you don't use Bugzilla all that much anymore, but it's at least
still mentioned in the official documentation reachable from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu so I guess it's not completely unused.

Anyway, I'll turn off the installation on 2013-11-01, preferably as
soon as possible, though.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
mosu