[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Dec 2 12:17:36 CET 2012

Le duodi 12 frimaire, an CCXXI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> looks interesting if it's not too complex.

It is a pair of functions for pretty-printing. The functions themselves are
quite ugly (it is shell, after all), but completely localized.

> I didn't handle that since it's a real rat's nest.
> For example dvdnav makes no sense without dvdread (plus, for me dvdnav is
> still worse in most cases). Nor do IMHO make any of these sense without
> dvdcss.
<snip>

I should have made this more clear: I wrote the functions, but I only made a
rough pass at sorting the existing modules, especially for a lot of them I
do not know if they are important or not.

> There's also issues like nemesi and live555 implementing the same thing
> basically and having both makes no sense. cddb seems of questionable use
> to me, vcd is only available on Linux I think,

That kind of consideration can be handled.

> Stuff that is only useful for encoding shouldn't be mixed in, people
> usually know what they need for encoding anyway (and it differs a lot).

This too: [ mencoder = yes ] set_module_level hidden x264 xvid ...

> SDL is necessary for OpenGL in some cases...

That too can be handled.

> And anyway considering matrixview more useful than SDL is... interesting :-)

I have no idea what matrixview is for.

> I would slightly prefer something that lists facts rather than opinions
> like "useful".

I did not find any better word to express that the module is not necessary
for normal "I want to watch a movie" operation but not overshadowed by
something better (like ffmpeg vs. liba52) either.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George