[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure: print "recommended codecs"

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 14:40:58 CET 2012

On 2 Dec 2012, at 12:17, Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Le duodi 12 frimaire, an CCXXI, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
>> Stuff that is only useful for encoding shouldn't be mixed in, people
>> usually know what they need for encoding anyway (and it differs a lot).
>
> This too: [ mencoder = yes ] set_module_level hidden x264 xvid ...

You misunderstood: whether mencoder is enabled or not should not be that relevant IMO.
As an example: opencore amr will be essential for some because of the encoders, but most people will never need to encode amr and they are useless to have for the encoders.
Maybe a "possibly useful for encoding" level might solve this though (of course when mencoder is disable it can be completely hidden, or we might even skip the configure tests).