[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling rc4 / color management patch

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Sat Oct 1 15:52:08 CEST 2011

On Sa, Okt 01, 2011 at 01:39:58 (CEST), Jos van Riswick wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need color management in mplayer, and found this patch that provides it:
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2010-June/064978.html
>
> I found it can be applied to this version of mplayer:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0rc4.tar.bz2
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't compile on my ubuntu 11.04:
>
> libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c: In function 'pngReadFN':
> libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:77:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c: In function 'decode':
> libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:114:14: error: derefersencing pointer to incomplete type
> libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:131:87: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make: *** [libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.o] Error 1
>
> On many forums it says this error has something to do with libpng 1.5,
> older versions
> not having the problem. However I have libpng 1.2. .... Any help would be
> appreciated !

That tarball compiled for the official ubuntu archive, after all. You
can check the buildlogs here:

https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/mplayer/2:1.0~rc4.dfsg1-1ubuntu3

try 'apt-get source mplayer' (no root priviledges required) to get the
sources and try again.

The build dependencies are declared in debian/control

Good luck

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4