[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling rc4 / color management patch

Jos van Riswick josvanr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 01:39:58 CEST 2011

Hi

I need color management in mplayer, and found this patch that provides it:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2010-June/064978.html

I found it can be applied to this version of mplayer:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0rc4.tar.bz2

Unfortunately, it doesn't compile on my ubuntu 11.04:

libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c: In function 'pngReadFN':
libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:77:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c: In function 'decode':
libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:114:14: error: derefersencing pointer to incomplete type
libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c:131:87: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.o] Error 1

On many forums it says this error has something to do with libpng 1.5,
older versions
not having the problem. However I have libpng 1.2. .... Any help would be
appreciated !

Josvanr