[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI's icon - a X11 issue?

Steaphan Greene sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu
Fri Jun 10 22:21:35 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 03:23 PM, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Can you send a screen-shot of the distorted and undistorted icons?
>
> I uploaded a small archive to http://depositfiles.com/files/hw3q64eqy where
> you'll find 0.png which is the icon as it should be (and comes that way quite
> often) and 1.png to 4.png being typical distortions.

Ok, this is NOT a colormap issue.  The colors are all correct.  This is
a mask issue (the wrong pixels being transparent).  I'm not sure why
without testing the code myself, but I'm 99% sure the problem is with
the creation or use of gdkIconMask.

My best guess, given the info I have, is that the alpha threshold (128)
is incorrect for conversion of this icon's alpha.  Perhaps try 0 or 1?

My next best guess is that there is an error later on where this mask is
supposed to be used, where it is not used correctly (or forgotten).

I hope that helps you find/fix the problem (let me know if it does not).

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu>
Lecturer, Computer Science, Binghamton University