[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI's icon - a X11 issue?

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sat Jun 11 15:57:19 CEST 2011

Steaphan Greene wrote on Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:21:35 -0400:

> Ok, this is NOT a colormap issue.  The colors are all correct.  This is
> a mask issue (the wrong pixels being transparent).

I copied the pixmaps to the GUI video window (and set its background to
WhitePixel before). The left column is the pixmap rendered by GDK, the right
one is rendered by libXPM; first row is the pixmap, second row is the mask
(http://depositfiles.com/files/h919zh37o).

They look the same and I am a little bit confused that the mask doesn't show
some contours but is all black (meaning transparent?).

BTW, I used XCopyArea() for the pixmaps and XCopyPlane(..., 1) for the masks
and always retrieved return code 1, which is BadRequest(?) and not Success,
as expected.

> My best guess, given the info I have, is that the alpha threshold (128)
> is incorrect for conversion of this icon's alpha.  Perhaps try 0 or 1?

There is only one transparent color (RGBA=0,0,0,0 which is the black area
around the pixmap on the screenshot), so that shouldn't make a difference
(and indeed doesn't).

> My next best guess is that there is an error later on where this mask is
> supposed to be used, where it is not used correctly (or forgotten).

It could be my window manager (IceWM), but why should that happen only with
the GDK mask, not the libXpm one? Everthing is fine if I use the mask from
libXpm - even together with the GDK pixmap.

Can I somehow further inspect the masks?

Ingo