[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI's icon - a X11 issue?

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Fri Jun 10 21:23:59 CEST 2011

Steaphan Greene wrote on Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:24:37 -0400:

> On 06/10/2011 01:25 PM, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> The problem is: Every time gmplayer is called, the icon looks different. It
>> basically seems to be the right image, but somehow differently "distorted"
>> every time.

> This sounds like a colormap issue.

I though so, too, but I checked that the colormap ID of both window and (GDK)
pixmap are the same. (Or must every object have its own colormap?)

> Is this distortion in the form of the wrong colors used (but all the pixels
> in the right place), or is this actually graphically distorted
> (jumbled/misaligned pixels)?

Hard to tell. It seems that most of the pixels have the background color and
thus are "invisible" and some others have the wrong (all black?) color.

> Can you send a screen-shot of the distorted and undistorted icons?

I uploaded a small archive to http://depositfiles.com/files/hw3q64eqy where
you'll find 0.png which is the icon as it should be (and comes that way quite
often) and 1.png to 4.png being typical distortions.

> I do have quite a bit of experience with both X11 and GTK+/GDK, so maybe I
> can help you here.

Oh, that would be really great. I have experience with GTK, but not much with
the "lower level" GDK and am quite new to pure X11, although I'm very eager
to learn.

If you have any idea or any suggestion for further tries, please let me know.

Ingo