[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 14 17:19:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 03:50:26PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:12:46 -0400
> compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > >Sorry for the harsh words, but it's really astonishing how dilettante
> > >you behave. I would have expected better, much better.
> >
> > michael and i both cannot access natsuki using ssl. we cant get lists
> > of repos, we cant get 'security relevent data', we cant get repo
> > configs, website scripts, dns zone configs, everybodys stored pub keys.
> > maybe we are doing something incorrectly? how would we get this
> > info/data if not from you (or root at mphq, only you have responded)?
>
> Yes, but you could have asked. The first one to ask for data
> was Arpi, and this was yesterday. Why has noone asked last friday?
> Or on Monday? Why wait a week?

You seem to have missed this: (3 days ago on monday)
reimar asked for a "full system backup"

From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
Cc: root at mplayerhq.hu
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:02:57 +0200
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 02:14:42PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > about how much it would cost to ship that to budapest?
> > (i offer hosting it here, if nobody else has such offer)
>
> Don't know, probably a lot more than you think.

I am not so convinced about the usefulness of the machine,
particularly since I wouldn't assume it would arrive in one piece.
Is someone willing and able to make a full-system backup (yes,
it is overkill, but there are several half-forgotten projects
hosted on mphq, I'd rather have overkill than too little) and
mail it to whereever needed?
Particularly if there's a EURO bank account, compensating
for (reasonable) expenses in both time and material shouldn't
be an issue.
Things I can think of particular interest beyond MPlayer, FFmpeg
SVN and homepages:
- samples
- incoming
- libvbe I think is somewhere around
- libdvdnav, libdvdread
- some binaries, howtos and git repositories in my home (a bit of
  a pain and incomplete to backup via http).

Reimar
[...]

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus