[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 20:41:20 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:50:26 +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:12:46 -0400
>compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> >Sorry for the harsh words, but it's really astonishing how dilettante
>> >you behave. I would have expected better, much better.
>>
>> michael and i both cannot access natsuki using ssl. we cant get lists
>> of repos, we cant get 'security relevent data', we cant get repo
>> configs, website scripts, dns zone configs, everybodys stored pub keys.
>> maybe we are doing something incorrectly? how would we get this
>> info/data if not from you (or root at mphq, only you have responded)?
>
>Yes, but you could have asked. The first one to ask for data
>was Arpi, and this was yesterday. Why has noone asked last friday?
>Or on Monday? Why wait a week?

as i am but a lowly developer and not admin or root, i thought the
admins of mphq new host would do the transfers.  but first i figured
i would ask other developers about arpi hosting. they replied that
they wanted someone neutral to host mplayer. so i wasnt even sure if
arpi was the new hoster. you see my dilemma?

also i figured they would have already emailed you. my bad assumption
that someone was handling it, and when i found out nothing was being
done i started coming up with todo list. then diego isnt talking to
michael, and michael isnt talking to diego, and diego isnt talking to
arpi and arpi is busy at work and cant give full attention to this. so
i'm running messages back and forth to people and its really annoying.

so yeah, plenty of things to slow everything down. then its my fault i
let michael send a non-neutral mail on -mirrors ml, but then no one
responds to my rfc on an mplayer-announce mail. i was trying to get
some last messages out before the lists are down.

-compn