[MPlayer-dev-eng] Work on SDP and RTP support

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:18:30 CET 2010

Hi,

At the moment, the FreeSDP library copy is only used in for the code in
librtsp/rtsp_rtp.c. Since the freesdp code is a bit overkill, and
unmaintained upstream, I thought of rewriting a small parser for the SDP
protocol. So I just did it this week end, and it implements almost
everything of RFC4566 in something like 400 lines (instead of the 10 times
more with FreeSDP).

Then I changed the freesdp calls in rtsp_rtp.c to the new sdp parser
without any special issue.

But the major issue now is to get a RTP stream working: I tried something
like 10 streams on
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=RTSP#RTSP_MOV.2FMP4 but none
work. If I use the -rtsp-stream-over-tcp switch, it fallbacks to live555
module and then works. ffmpeg:// also works. But in both cases, it's a
fallback to the RTP code failure.

So a few questions:

1) Are you interested in a fix for the RTP code or you prefer to let it
   rot/drop it?
2) If you're ok with a fix, do you have a stream that currently works with
   it, or at least "should"
3) Are you ok with dropping FreeSDP over a simpler (already done) SDP
   implementation?

Regards,

--
Clément B.