[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:30:44 CET 2010

Hi,

I've read this whole thread again and I'm ready to start. After I
wasn't able to fix my linking issues from the other thread, I will
link in XP in a virtual machine. This is irrelevant to the development
process itself, but I worked more than 30 hours to fix the issue and
failed. I will keep you updated in case I find a solution, but it's
time for the development to start.

After analyzing some code today, I'm willing to listen to Reimar and
start from DxVA 1. It will be comparatively easier to implement and
have it working in much less time compared to starting with a Custom
EVR first. Moreover, much less code will have to be written until we
have a working implementation, so any issues will be worked out easier
in the beginning. Once it works mostly okay, I will continue with
EVR/DxVA 2.

If you don't have any more questions or suggestions, please expect the
first questions from my side and eventual initial patches in the
following 2-3 days.