[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer linking takes forever on MinGW

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:14:33 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:04:15 +0200, Georgi Petrov wrote:
>>ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
>
> i forgot to ask if you had any service packs/windowsupdates installed.

My Windows 7 (where the problem exists) is fully patched. All latest
patches are installed. The problem seems to be triggered by more
factors since some people don't have this particular problem. Also I'm
not entirely sure, but I think that the thread spends some time in
KiFastSystemCallRet, then the syscall returns, but it is entered
again. Using another Sysinternals tool, it seems like ld.exe is
writing again and again at the same offset in mplayer.exe. Right now I
don't have more time to investigate, but I'm filling a bug report to
Microsoft and will help them find the problem.