[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] libavutil/x86_cpu.h

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 08:16:06 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:42:34AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> If it is used within MPlayer itself, then we need the configure check,
> there is no way around this.

Of course there is, but if you intend to keep all configure
checks that MPlayer needs in our own configure I fail to
see the point of using FFmpeg's configure, we will
still need all those checks.
I am against splitting FFmpeg out if the only result is that
things are more painful for developers who like to modify
and test FFmpeg using MPlayer without avoiding any of the
complex parts of configure.

> I'm somewhat confused what your remaining point is, if there is one
> at all, and what your opinion is regarding my patch/suggestion.

I made a suggestion already of including the file or including
a copy depending on libavutil_a.