[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] libavutil/x86_cpu.h

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Aug 18 09:45:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 08:16:06AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:42:34AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > If it is used within MPlayer itself, then we need the configure check,
> > there is no way around this.
>
> Of course there is, but if you intend to keep all configure
> checks that MPlayer needs in our own configure I fail to
> see the point of using FFmpeg's configure, we will
> still need all those checks.

See my patch in the other thread (I shall refresh it soon).

MPlayer's configure will run all the checks that MPlayer needs, but
no more.  This is the only way to remain independent of FFmpeg
changes.  Of course this means that some of the same things are
checked, but this is unavoidable.

> I am against splitting FFmpeg out if the only result is that
> things are more painful for developers who like to modify
> and test FFmpeg using MPlayer without avoiding any of the
> complex parts of configure.

What do you mean by "avoiding complex parts of configure"?
MPlayer's configure or FFmpeg's?

Diego