[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Odd behavior with -subfont-autoscale 0 because of regression at revision 29370

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:06:35 CEST 2009

Revision 29370 changed behavior by turning on fontconfig across
everything by default (man page is now wrong I should add) the side
effect (at least on my system) is that now when using -sub-font-
autoscale 0 the osd text instead of appearing at the size of the font
size it now appears microscopically small such that it is unreadable.
At all other -subfont-autoscales the text appears as normal. This
should not be made default behavior.

Steps to repeat:
Checkout fresh mplayer at revision 29370 or later.
Play any video with -subfont-autoscale 0 and any font
Display the OSD and see it as super small, completely unreadable (each
letter is roughly one pixel wide)

Freetype version: 2.3.8
Fontconfig version: 2.6.0

For the time being I'm re-modifying the code back seeing as it was a
one line change that only changes aesthetics for certain systems.

Ergzay