[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] Odd behavior with -subfont-autoscale 0 because of regression at revision 29370

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Jun 30 14:50:00 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 07:06 -0400, Ergzay wrote:
> Revision 29370 changed behavior by turning on fontconfig across
> everything by default (man page is now wrong I should add) the side
> effect (at least on my system) is that now when using -sub-font-
> autoscale 0 the osd text instead of appearing at the size of the font
> size it now appears microscopically small such that it is unreadable.

I see no such behavior. The text size appears the same with or without
fontconfig (that is very small with -subfont-autoscale 0 because the
default -subfont-osd-scale is small, but increasing it works OK).

If you see different behavior, are you perhaps using a bitmap font
without configuring -subfont-osd-scale? Maybe the difference is that
with fontconfig the font actually gets scaled to the size you requested?
Though if it wasn't actually getting scaled before then I wonder why you
needed to set the autoscale option either (what difference did it make)?

> For the time being I'm re-modifying the code back seeing as it was a
> one line change that only changes aesthetics for certain systems.

The commit only changed the default value of the option. There should be
no need to modify the code. Just set the option if you want another
value.