[MPlayer-dev-eng] update to the speedup patch

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:22:12 CET 2008

Ok - as soon as Reimar commits the fix I just sent for panscan, I'm
ready to post the update performance patch of Jim. I've converted it
to the new coding style and function/variables names.

The patch gives HUGE difference when playing 1920/1080 panasonic light
demo video. Before the patch the video plays with like 5fps and after
it, it's on par (almost) with DirectDraw. The difference on my machine
lies within 1-2%! Direct3D is still 1-2% slower than DirectDraw here,
but the gap is already small enough. The video is MPEG2, so it uses
slices. The difference is night and day!