[MPlayer-dev-eng] Commit rules and coexistence rules

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jun 6 22:11:06 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 08:46:50PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 07:58:38PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > This is interesting: First you want me to revoke an account without
> > > any votes from active developers, now you claim that not enough active
> > > developers have voted.  What's it going to be?
> >
> > As you already misquote me, why not also misquote some awnsers as well?
> > I cant awnser your question because its based on false assumtation about
> > what i said.
>
> You said
>
>   many active developers have not voted, ben and evgeny did vote for uoti
>   to keep his account. Yes

> Previously you discarded any arguments based on activity.

what argument?

> The lines are clearly drawn: Almost all the people that support Uoti are
> very active, almost all those that don't are very inactive.

maybe, maybe not but if it is so, what exactly is the relation to your
misquoting me?
I support that the active C developers become the leader(s). I do not
support you to stay leader. You may dislike that i vote that way but it
is my vote.

> > > I thought I had just heard you say my contributions were worthless.
> > > Well, I'm glad that you have reconsidered.
> >
> > I have not, you twist what i said as it fits best in your political
> > agenda.
> >
> > Let me say it again.
> > * You are not a C developer
> > * You are invaluable, one only has to look at all the commits you did
> >   to know why
> > * The leader(s) of a project based on C should be experienced C developer(s).
>
> It rather seems that you are twisting based on your political agenda.

Hello? Are you listening? we are talking about what _I_ said.
i can not twist what i say becasue after all i say it, so whichever way i do
is the way i do.
You claim things about what i said which simply are untrue.

> First you discard activity, then you start talking about it...
>
> Now that your "vote" is tied by head count, you have started to
> discredit me...

Could you please stop to misquote me!
If you have some argument say it, but stop making false claims on what
i said or did.

> > >  Your idea of democracy seems to be
> >
> > no, i can speak for myself
> >
> > democracy means that the decissions are done by the people,
> > here decissions about C code should be done by the C developers.
>
> We are not making a decision about C code here.  We are making a social
> decision.

I disagree but even if it where so you are not our social leader and you
are not the one to decide what falls under your power after all that would
be equivalent of absolute power.

> In any case, I have never meddled in technical decisions out of my scope
> of knowledge.
>
> > > I am not in any way opposed to democracy in general, but I do not
> > > subscribe to your ideas about voting procedures at all.
> > > Democracy needs a constitution and proper voting procedures.
> > >
> > > Also, I do not believe in voting as an adequate means of resolving
> > > conflicts in projects like this one.  Plus, I do not think that head
> > > count is an appropriate measure in all situations.
> >
> > Well and i do not think your head counts infinity while everyone actually
> > affected by the decission counts 0.
>
> I do not think my head counts infinity or should count infinity, but I
> am affected as much by the decision as everybody else.

Which rules related to the mplayer docs did uoti break? If none then you
clearly are not affected in any compareable way.
(and i of course do not mean rules you personally do not care about but
ones you do)

[...]
> > > False.
> >
> > reindentions and spelling fixes dont count as written or reviewed C code ...
>
> True, but that's not what I'm talking about.

No?

[...]

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates