[MPlayer-dev-eng] recursive make considered harmful

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Jun 5 16:03:17 CEST 2008

On Thursday, 05 June 2008 at 15:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:25:44AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> > Ivan is a destructive force in this project.  He is a troll, flames
> > constantly, keeps other people from doing useful work, poisons the
> > atmosphere and contributes nothing to offset this.
>
> s/ivan/uoti/

Well, yes, except that Uoti does contribute more. Both should learn a lesson
in teamwork.

> > He reverts other people's commits without prior notice, which threatens
> > to incite commit wars.
>
> You steped on iives personal property (XviD code in mplayer) he chased you
> off, he went too far onto your property and you chased him back.

I think it is petty and childish to make a big mess out of someone
making spelling changes in files maintained by someone else.

[...]
> Everyone can ask for account suspension, but there should be a reason
> behind the request, personal anger is a weak reason.

I'd much rather resolve this without anyone losing their write access.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org