[MPlayer-dev-eng] recursive make considered harmful

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 5 16:15:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:03:17PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 05 June 2008 at 15:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:25:44AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> [...]
> > > Ivan is a destructive force in this project.  He is a troll, flames
> > > constantly, keeps other people from doing useful work, poisons the
> > > atmosphere and contributes nothing to offset this.
> >
> > s/ivan/uoti/
>
> Well, yes, except that Uoti does contribute more. Both should learn a lesson
> in teamwork.

true

[...]
> [...]
> > Everyone can ask for account suspension, but there should be a reason
> > behind the request, personal anger is a weak reason.
>
> I'd much rather resolve this without anyone losing their write access.

Me too, but we are trying that since how long? It didnt work ... , why
not try some other tactic? Like account suspension? uoti can still send
patches, if they are all ok for a while he can have his account back.
And if they are not ok they simply wont be applied, no flames, no fights.

[...]

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.