[MPlayer-dev-eng] Closed captions

Bryan Henderson giraffedata at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:36:13 CEST 2008

On 6/3/08, Vladimir Voroshilov <voroshil at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/3 compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com>:
>> On Sat, 31 May 2008 03:17:47 +0000, "Bryan Henderson"
>> <giraffedata at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Teletext also displays the same kind of stuff as CC on the screen, so
>>>the display end should be similar.  But I looked and couldn't find
>>>anything I could use, other than some ideas.
>>
>> i assume you've seen the big teletext patch:
>> http://onebithq.com/root/mplayer/teletext
>>

> This patch (adapted, and only for b/w and gray modes) was committed to
> mplayer some time ago.
>
> I wonder can  Bryan reuse existing teletext code ?

Well, that's the code I was referring to above when I said, "I looked
and couldn't find anything I could use, other than some ideas."  A lot
of it I simply couldn't make any sense out of -- at least not in less
time than it took to write what I needed from scratch.

There _is_ a little overlap, but I wonder if makes sense logistically
to have shared code, because of the fact that few people have
knowledge, interest, and test facilities for both Teletext and NTSC
CC.  I don't.  Maybe it's better to be able to work on one without
working on the other.