[MPlayer-dev-eng] Writing a brand new D3D video output to fix Vista Aero disabling

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jun 3 18:22:10 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 01:56:27PM +0300, Georgi Petrov wrote:
> I've left DR as a stub for now, but later I'll implement it. I also
> opted to use the new API - VOCTRL_DRAW_IMAGE and don't implement
> draw_frame. How sad, that draw_slice is said to be required.

As long as you use -noslices, draw_slice will not actually be used.

> Hmm - is it only me, or I don't see YV12 supported by D3D? I haven't
> investigated further, but I will.

Of course not. I am not aware of any YUV being supported. You will have
to write pixel shaders to do the conversion, which is why supporting
GeForce 3 may not be possible (I am not completely sure what exactly they
support with D3D).

> Ouch - about the subtitles and all OSD - I want to draw it AFTER the
> image is scaled. Directx driver draws it BEFORE image scaling and
> low-res videos scaled to full screen have terrible controls and
> subtitles. For example gl driver does it right! Is this possible? I
> think it is, but I'm not sure.

It is quite straight-forward, in draw_osd you call vo_draw_text and
there you can specify the display size for which you want the OSD
rendered.
You may have to set force_load_font to 1 on when the display size is
changed to make the font size change though.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger