[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio visualization

Pavel Modilaynen kopli at mail.ru
Mon Feb 4 13:05:35 CET 2008

Friday, February 1, 2008, 7:56:51 PM, Alban Bedel wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:23:45 +0300
> Pavel Modilaynen <kopli at mail.ru> wrote:

>> I only propose a new approach to this issue. This approach is very
>> local and with little invasion to mplayer code (only to demux_audio.c
>> at least).

> I once did an implementation, which I still have laying around.
> Bascialy it use a special demuxer that take another demuxer as
> input. The demuxer decode the audio and put it as video and audio
> stream. The visual code is then implemented like a normal video codec.

But why can't we do much easier adding to demux_audio.c initialization
of video stream. It's just a few strings. And then we generate the
video packets like demux_gif.c do.
This is the simpliest method as you can see.
To make this audio dependent we just need to read audio output buffer,
transform correspondingly and fill video buffer in this demuxer.
Of course there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Transformation might
be done by freq for example.

So, we have only one demuxer, and we force all other mplayer stuff do its
work like it does in case of video+audio.

What do you thing about it ?

Thank you for your consideration.
--
Pavel Modilaynen