[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio visualization

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 17:04:21 CET 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:05:35 +0300
Pavel Modilaynen <kopli at mail.ru> wrote:

> But why can't we do much easier adding to demux_audio.c initialization
> of video stream. It's just a few strings. And then we generate the
> video packets like demux_gif.c do.

And fill this video stream with what? Encoded audio would be useless as
input for a visual.

> This is the simpliest method as you can see.
> To make this audio dependent we just need to read audio output buffer,
> transform correspondingly and fill video buffer in this demuxer.

I think you are missing the point that the data comming from the demuxer
is still encoded.

> Of course there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Transformation might
> be done by freq for example.
>
> So, we have only one demuxer, and we force all other mplayer stuff do
> its work like it does in case of video+audio.
>
> What do you thing about it ?

That wouldn't be very useful as it would only work for wav file with
pcm audio. You need an extra audio decoder at some point if you want to
support all kind of input.

	Albeu