[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio visualization

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Feb 1 17:56:51 CET 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:23:45 +0300
Pavel Modilaynen <kopli at mail.ru> wrote:

> I only propose a new approach to this issue. This approach is very
> local and with little invasion to mplayer code (only to demux_audio.c
> at least).

I once did an implementation, which I still have laying around.
Bascialy it use a special demuxer that take another demuxer as
input. The demuxer decode the audio and put it as video and audio
stream. The visual code is then implemented like a normal video codec.

It basicaly worked but I never finished it. One of the pb is that
you can't expect visuals to take any input format. So one would probably
need to also write a generic visual vc wich include a
resampler/converter (and perhaps optional fft) to feed the actual
visual plugin with the correct format.

	Albeu

PS: If some are intersted I can post the patch. I would have attached
it right away but is in a tree with a lot of unrelated change so I must
first extract the relevant changes.