[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2 at the beginning of October

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Sep 19 16:33:11 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:57:22PM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
>
> > On 9/18/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > > But what is the alternative to libconfhelper-perl?  I'm sure there is
> > > one.
> >
> > Actually, official Debian packages (mplayer_1.0~rc1-16) have the
> > install scripts rewritten to use shell & awk for the same
> > functionality. But I didn't find a direct libconfhelper equivalent.
>
> I wonder why are we trying to maintain a badly outdated debian directory ?
> The official debian package has a much better and up-to-date one.

The advantages of the official one being what exactly?

I've tried to unify the different Debian packaging implementations and
I've come a long way in doing it, but not quite to the end of the road.

The problems I see with the official package is that it builds with a
slew of different options and things like external libdvdread and no
libdvdcss.  It also does things like install init scripts to enable RTC
and set a default video output driver that I consider plain wrong.

Diego