[MPlayer-dev-eng] future plans for libvo draw_osd()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 26 14:22:00 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 01:21:58PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> also either way its not correct, if someone does work on the code then he
> should implement it properly and that is RGBA32 for image which are RGB32,
> YV12+alpha plane for YV12 images, ...
> or to say it differently the subtitles should be in a format which can
> quickly be blended into the image with a minimum of byte/bit reordering
> and their overall size (=memory bandwidth needed) should be minimal too

That would be nicer for -vo gl, too, I think. In addition now while
there are only two implementations of it is a good time to make some
changes.
If someone does the design I am ready to implement it for -vo gl, if
wanted also in parallel to the remaining implementation so it is
possible to properly test.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger