[MPlayer-dev-eng] future plans for libvo draw_osd()

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri May 25 18:55:09 CEST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 08:48:28 -0700
Richard Lee <spam at richardlee.name> wrote:

> Reading libvo.txt in the technical docs, I see that draw_osd() is
> declared to be soon obsolete.  What is the timeframe for that happening,
> and what is the forward looking way of doing extended osd implementations?

Actualy, libvo.txt is obsolete itself. It wasn't updated
for a very long time while the vo system had some modifications.
They weren't big enough to justify a deletion of libvo.txt, but
the document is still not up to date. So, you should rather read
the source and only read the documentation to get an overview.

			Attila Kinali

PS: don't top post

                         -- Deed of Morred