[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui testing on bigendian

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon May 7 10:16:11 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 12:11:30AM +0000, SciFi wrote:
> On Sun, 06 May 2007 20:20:57 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> >>
> >> It looks funky indeed :)
> >>
> >> Let me know of any precise tests you want me to do.
> >
> > Well, most importantly if it looked alright with libpng, then which
> > colours get replaced by which, and lastly try
> >> memmove(bf->Image, bf->Image + 1, bf->ImageSize - 1);
> > before, after or instead of the swab() in gui/bitmap.c, line 160.
> > Alternatively, if someone fixes the old code using libpng to work for
> > remote X with differing endianness I could check myself ;-)
>
> eww here too on ppc darwin/osx  ;)

Well, could someone please deny or confirm that it worked before with
libpng?

> would a screen-grab help?

At least it wouldn't hurt.

> I can also try your memmove thing there...

Also try removing the bgr2rgb. Not that with the blue skin only about
half of the Gui should have broken colours, and I'm only interested
about how to fix those, ignore if it breaks anything that is working
with the current code.

[...]
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".

That's no problem I think. But the gui code is a mess, it does not work
over untrusted ssh forwarding either. IOW, it was programmed with the same
stupid assumptions like -vo x11, completely ignoring remote X and other
interesting configurations...

[...]
> (<unknown>:11827): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

Built GDK without XPM support??

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger