[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui testing on bigendian

SciFi sci-fi at hush.ai
Mon May 7 02:11:30 CEST 2007

On Sun, 06 May 2007 20:20:57 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 08:09:29PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 02:57:40PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> > can somebody please test current SVN (and maybe also older versions)
>> > of the Gui against the 'Blue' skin and tell me how it looks like? It
>> > seems I broke displaying 32bit png images with the change to
>> > libavcodec PNG decoder, and while I know the correct fix for
>> > little-endian, all ideas I have for big endian would mean that the
>> > old code can't have worked (esp. the use of swab() I just can't make
>> > sense of)...
>>
>> It looks funky indeed :)
>>
>> Let me know of any precise tests you want me to do.
>
> Well, most importantly if it looked alright with libpng, then which
> colours get replaced by which, and lastly try
>> memmove(bf->Image, bf->Image + 1, bf->ImageSize - 1);
> before, after or instead of the swab() in gui/bitmap.c, line 160.
> Alternatively, if someone fixes the old code using libpng to work for
> remote X with differing endianness I could check myself ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

eww here too on ppc darwin/osx  ;)

would a screen-grab help?

I can also try your memmove thing there...

I cleaned/distcleaned mplayer and built it against the latest
gnome components recently released including this week's.  Am also
testing libpng-1.2.17beta1 here.

On a possibly related note, we filed a bug with pan2 since it is
now unable to show image attachments at all with this week's gnome
bits released.  The previous releases right before them worked
fine.

With gmplayer using the latest gnome bits, the terminal does show
these gdk warnings now:

$ gmplayer
MPlayer dev-SVNr23241-PowerMac7,3-Darwin8.9.0-cc4.0.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
AltiVec found
CPU: PowerPC
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".
113 audio & 234 video codecs

(<unknown>:11827): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type 'xpm' is not supported

(<unknown>:11827): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:878 drawable is not a pixmap or window

(<unknown>:11827): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:878 drawable is not a pixmap or window
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":0.0".

Exiting... (Exit)
<<<<

I've built last week's xfree86-cvs for darwin/osx.  To keep
Apple's closed source modules intact, we install it on top of
Apple's /usr/X11R6 that came from Tiger's DVD and updates from
some months ago.  The XFree86-VidModeExtension never gets built
for darwin/osx (or is there a .conf setting for it?), so we know
to ignore those lines, but the Gdk-WARNINGs might be worrisome
now.